We love these sanity-saving tips from fellow mother, Jessica Coppertop, owner and creator of Inspire the Mom.
1. Have a quiet time: Find time to get alone and refresh your perspective.
2. Prepare the night before: What part of your mornings are the most stressful? Take that one thing you dread and do a little prep for it the night before. Lay out the kids clothes, shower, prepare breakfast, do baths, or just preset the coffee pot.
3. Do one load of laundry a day: If you’re cloth-diapering like me, you don’t have a choice but to stay on top of the endless chaos of dirty cloths by doing a wash everyday. (And if your family is smaller or larger than ours, find a regular schedule that keeps you from getting overwhelmed with all the piles.)
4. Clean as you go: Giving yourself plenty of grace, clean up as you go. If you make dinner, wash those dishes right then. If you see a million crumbs under the high chair, grab a broom and do a two-second sweep.
5. Play with your kids: Slow down and enjoy your little people. Offer to play a game or build blocks. Do something that you know will bring a smile to their face.
6. Do one large chore a day: Knock out one of the bigger chores everyday. Clean a bathroom, vacuum the floors, organize a drawer,..etc.
7. Have kid clean-up times: Instead of the house being a tornado throughout the entire day, choose a couple times a day for them to clean up their messes. A good schedule might be everyday before lunch and then again before bedtime.
8. Meal Plan: Save yourself the stress of picking meals every few hours and plan them out. Not only will this be a time saver but a money saver as well.
9. Be thankful: There is always something to be thankful for. Let gratitude drive your attitude and actions throughout your day.
10. Have a regular bedtime for your kids: Kids love routine, even if they fight it sometimes. Make your routine as lengthy and as fun as you want, but get the munchkins to bed so you can recoup and have some quality time to yourself or with your spouse in the evenings.
What’s your sanity-saving daily trick?
We couldn’t have said it better, that is why this is a direct repost from Inspire the Mom