Community Forum

40+ and Pregnant

Home Forums Surrogacy Baby On The Way 40+ and Pregnant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Trisha
    Participant

Hi. Much to my surprise I’m pregnant at 44. I had my first and only baby at 37. I thought I was infertile after years of trying with tests and treatments. Turns out my ex was sterile. I got pregnant right away with my new husband so I was completely in shock. I got off the pill last year and have been using condoms and rhythm method. But apparently on your birthday if you have too many cocktails you loose your good judgment and give in to fate! Well, I have no idea what to expect as far as testing due to my age. I mean I was AMA before but it wasn’t a big deal to me to skip multiple tests. I’m not sure how I feel about this pregnancy considering my age and the risks. I confided in a friend looking for an OB referral because I’m new to the area and she said she didn’t know who would take me because of my situation. I was looking for a roadmap or flowchart of testing for those that have been there. Including what happens if the pregnancy isn’t viable for whatever reason. Thanks so much for your input!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Trisha, good to see you here. you just amazed me as I saw your post. You are 44 and pregnant too, wow! It is really hard for any woman to get pregnant at such age. It shows that you are still fertile and the luckiest one. Your doubts are true but don’t need to worry. Believe in yourself and hope for the best. Wish you very best of luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I am also very shocked dear to read your post. Your post shows that life is unpredictable. Nothing is impossible. Those who keep strong will get something good in future. And those who lose heart remain empty handed. Today, many ladies became disappointed by listening about their infertility. But they should not. If they just read your post. They will be very positive about their pregnancy issues too. Dear your doubts are very true. As in this age, your pregnancy will keep you confused throughout the 9 months. But you have to just keep yourself calm for the sake of your baby. And just hope for the best. Follow your doctor’s advise. Take rest. And do shopping for your baby 🙂

Akira
    Participant

There will be many complications at this age.As i read alot about age factor on pregnancies.
    I joined this forum long ago.I like to read the stories of different people.Its been a very long time.I feel happy after reading successful stories of different people.
    I’m also infertile.But i had to go for surrogacy.We firstly moved to Europe form Japan.Surrogacy is ban in Japan so we moved there.We stayed in Europe for 4 months.We contacted clinics in Europe.My husband didn’t liked them.Than we moved to Ukraine.As we heard alot about the clinics in Ukraine so we moved there.There we found a very good clinic.The clinic found a good surrogate for us.The surrogate is pregnant with our twin dolls.We are so happy.We are so happy that we will have our own kids now,We are so thankful to the clinic and surrogate.
    Everyone cheers and good luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Trisha so happy that you conceived at this age naturally, unlike me!! I have been ttc for nearly 9years. It has been a long journey with hope and disappointment. And yeah, the real factor is age, but don’t stress. There has been no absolute condition that age would hinder your infertility. I have seen many couples who have been pregnant at 40 and 45. I was baffled a shattered the perspective that “age” is any factor. Thoygh it is, but ot for everyone. Some are super lucky to conceive at any age. As for the complications, you can consult your Obgyn for any perceived risks. But if you have no specific history of complications then you may have a safe journey. Good luck

Tifanny
    Participant

As women pass 40 years of age and consider getting pregnant. They often seek pregnancy success stories from other women as a first step in exploring their chances of conceiving. While the stories of others are certainly motivational. Speaking with a fertility doctor is the best way to get accurate and relevant information pertaining to a particular woman or couple’s chances of conceiving. Varying factors may go into determining their chances of successfully conceiving including certain health factors. These days, more and more women are getting pregnant past 40. This is in large part thanks to medical advances that make pregnancy after 40 safer for both the mother and baby. Many have, therefore, heard some pregnancy success stories from women over 40 years old. Giving hope to couples who have either waited to get pregnant. Or who have tried and failed in the past. There are multiple stories of women becoming pregnant over 40 years old. And even more controversial into their 60s.

Jessica fields
    Participant

Congratulations to you hun.You are very lucky. You got the gift of a child at this age. It happens very rarely. Usually, at this age, it becomes very difficult to get pregnant. Mostly women cant conceive in the late thirties.I mean I couldn’t get pregnant at 35. Apparently, my AMH was very low. Now you should consult an OB right away. There can be complications. Though I hope there are none. The doctor can guide you better. Wish you a healthy pregnancy. Good luck with this new journey.

ezabel
    Participant

hey! how are you doing?
    there is nothing to worried about.
    for me, there are no age limits to have a baby.
    a few days back I interacted with a woman who had her last baby at 43. and it was a miracle.
    It feels so good to hear all this.
    you guys are so lucky.
    cheer up, girl.
    live up these days with great joy,

Stormi
    Participant

Health is very important. There is no way to overplay the importance of good health with a pregnant mom in her 40s. The female body needs a certain amount of calories and nutrients and then baby comes along and demands even more. Mom needs to take her prenatal vitamin and eat healthy foods every day. The additional calories consumed should be in the form of protein and not fats and sugar. Prenatal testing takes a new turn. Women who give birth in their 40s are more likely to have a child with chromosomal disorders. For this reason, the obstetrician will request the mom undergo an amniocentesis to test for Down’s syndrome and other disorders that could affect the health of baby. Start or maintain an exercise program. No matter the age of mom, exercise is essential during pregnancy. Not only does exercise prepare mom for labor, but it can help with reducing the chance of blood clots and swelling. If mom does not already exercise, the obstetrician will be able to outline the best program for a beginner.

Felicia Saz
    Participant

Hi. How are you doing? You are so lucky. Congratulations on being pregnant. It rarely happens to anyone. Just try and take a really good care of yourself and your baby now. Keep us updated on your pregnancy. Good luck with it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good luck to you on your pregnancy. I’m 43 year old now.
    I’m married now and i was married before.
    From my first marriage i had no luck with having children although i conceived for 3 times.
    I had many complications while getting pregnant.
    I was pregnant thrice but had miscarriages everytime.
    I am married for second time i want to have a baby now.
    Having a look at my previous pregnancy period i guess it is not a good idea to be pregnant again.
    So i talked to my husband and have agreed him to go for surrogacy option.
    Surrogate are willing to carry our child and the clinic had said that the surrogate will have no effect on the DNA of our child.
    The child will be off my and my husband DNA.
    I also contacted some surrogates who are willing to carry someone’s child in their womb.
    Now we are looking for a perfect surrogate to carry our child in her womb.
    I also met some mothers raising babies from surrogacy procedure.
    I have contacted many surrogacy related clinics and had gathered a lot of information regarding this process.
    I guess someone here will also be going to surrogacy and will guide us.

Akira
    Participant

Congratulations on your successful pregnancy. I was infertile and i decided for surrogacy to have a baby.I think i should also share my experience about surrogacy for someone seeking for it.
    I was infertile due to cancer and i was unable to have a baby.
    Later we found about surrogacy.We moved from Japan to Europe for surrogacy.
    With the help of internet in Europe we came to know about a good clinic there.
    We than moved to Ukraine.We finally went through surrogacy.Soon we will have to beautiful daughters via Surrogacy.
    Surrogacy is very good you people should also research about it i guess.

chicago
    Participant

Trisha good to know that you are pregnant. I am happy for you. at least you didn’t lose courage. We should not lose hope. there is always a path where a will exist behind a subject. You should not dishearten. Because when nature wants to give you something special then wait is a compulsory part of it. your disappointment was genuine because at such age woman think like they can’t ovulate. Other people also encourage this hopelessness condition. Trisha, I can understand your situation. You are in such a confusing dilemma. But my advice to you is just going to the doctor and have your checkup. If you are looking for the flowchart, then google map will help you greatly. Have an appointment and let me know. Thank you for your affection.

Sasha James
    Participant

Hey there Trisha. How are you doing? I hope its all great. I am really happy to hear about your pregnancy. I hope ist all well. I know how hard it is to get pregnant at such age. It’s really a blessing. I want you to not stress out. I want you to be strong. It will all be okay. You should consult your doctor if you really think there is a problem. I wish you good luck. take care.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations for your pregnancy success. Honestly speaking i got shocked after seeing your post. I am a daily visitor of this forum. It is hard to find such news. Getting pregnant after 40 is very rare. I am happy for you. I wish you good luck for the pregnancy journey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.